- Women's normal and regularly topic changed to the topic we discussed in the class.
- Women's and girls we very interested in getting educated
- They wanted us was to continue our classes
- They too started taking tutions with their kids
Monday, March 9, 2015
CLOSURE REPORT-Program For Womens and Girls 2014
OBJECTIVE OF THE PROGRAM
Educating local and uneducated girls and women's on the domestic violence and making know their rights. And making them realize their own value in the society and empowering them. Advancing the rights of women advances humanity.
Place: Aya nagar village
No. of women's and girls joined: 16
Name of the person conducting program: Alisha Maria (Esha volunteer)
Our program was all about women’s empowerment.
Ways we used to making them realize their value in the society and family was:
· Show them the short films on the domestic violence on women's
· Telling them about the gender bias with girls and boys
· Showing them Why it is necessary that women's should be educated
· Giving them audio recordings to listen about dowry system plight of women
· Educating them why women are not responsible for giving birth to girl or boy child
· Showing them drama about various things related to the women
· female foeticide
· employment for women's
· women empowerment in India
· women safety
Aya Nagar village lies in the metropolitan city like Delhi but the fact is villages in Delhi are development but the people living in the villages are of the same old traditional background.
We started this program on the second week of November 2014 till last week of December 2014.
FIRST STAGE OF THE PROGRAM
Knowing their issues and problems
Condition of women's was so bad within their family even thought they do not show it to the outside society. Speaking them personally made us realize they are not at all aware of their rights.
There were girls who were not sent to schools because they were girls their brother’s were going to school.
There were women's who does not even that they are under domestic violence. A women their said “mera pati muhje maarta hai toh kya hua muhjse pyaar be toh karta h”. This means that “even thought my husband beats me so what he loves me too”. Its was really bad they are not even aware of it.
They were also women's who are teases and torched by her family for giving birth to girl child
We started with our classes and our program
Were we discussed all types of topics that are related to the domestic violence . we used to discus one topic per day and also sometimes same topic continued to the next day.
Topic we covered were:
· child marriage
· Fertility: Girls' education helps women control how many children they have. Increasing girls participation in school over time decreases fertility rates.
· Maternal Health: Increasing girls' access to education improves maternal health.
· Child Survival: Increasing girls' education has positive effects on infant and child health.
· HIV/AIDS: Education decreases a girl's or woman's risk for contracting HIV or transmitting HIV to her baby.
· Income Potential: Education boosts women's earning power.
· Reducing domestic violence on women's
· The principle of sexual equality in education
All these topic were involved and many other facts and topic related to women safety
After all the classes were done it was time to take take feedback from them.
And we almost achieved the result expected
The outcome we got was:
This program for local and uneducated women's and girls was an excellent initiative taken up by Esha. The main thought behind this program was