Saturday, September 14, 2013

Life Taken for granted - Guest post by Vipul Murarka

Vipul is  a student from SOIL - School of Inspired Leadership. He joined Rosemary, Sabarish and Sahil this week for the Esha project. On Sep 13th, was his first ever visit to the Blind School. I requested him to write what he felt.
This is his experience, in his own words, unedited.
******************************************************
I am not sure how many avatars have we taken or will take after the present life ends. But what I know is that we tend to take things that come to us easily for granted. Blessed are we for having functional sensory organs which makes are lives easier on this Earth. But what about those who are not so fortunate?

I got an opportunity to visit junta school, a place for blind people. This school trains visually impaired people in several aspects of life be it technical or vocational. I was amazed to see how a blind student created a new folder on a desktop in no time. I had heard about such places where blind people are taught computers but seeing it myself gave me GoosebumpsThe students apart from this, were also taught to read and understand Braille. The way these students were sincerely reading and paying attention to whatever is being taught to them was something that touched me. Sometimes in life we tend to procrastinate believing that we will finish it tomorrow. But the dedication of these guys was so high that it seemed to me that they wanted to learn each and everything today itself for they might not know what may come tomorrow.

Fit physical body, resources, friends and family are some of the blessings that have been showered upon me. And still I feel that I have not achieved much in life. Whereas the people whom I interacted with today are true leaders who not only were making full use of whatever they were being taught, but were also more humble and polite then I am even when my achievements are nothing compared to what I witnessed today. 


I am reminded of lines by Allama Iqbal
“Khudi ko kar buland itna ke har taqdeer se pehle
Khuda bande se yeh pooche bata teri raza kya hai”


-Vipul Murarka

No comments: